Saturday, August 4, 2012

It smells like Denmark!

Hello again!


My first words just have to be.... IT SMELLS LIKE DENMARK!!!!! (Those of you who know me well will laugh at that =P)


So I survived the trip (...barely). Being awake for 36 hours straight is not fun. You don't want to see me that tired. I hate the world. But, obviously, after some sleep I was much better. Saying goodbye to friends and family was not easy; I miss you all already!!! xoxoxo :-*  Upon arriving in Denmark the sun was actually out, bright and shining. That might sound odd, but it's usually pretty cloudy here. I think that it was just happy to see me =P


The plane had fantastic movies, I must say. I watched The Five-Year Engagement and The Lucky Once.... ohhhh Zac Efron.... The Hunger Games was also one of the many options, but I didn't have enough time to watch it. Anyways! I took some pictures on the plane:


After take-off!

This was so odd, it's actually the 
moon, not the sun.

The view at 7am arriving in Denmark.

The lovely Danish windmills.


And for some long-term news, I found out who my host family is! They live in Køge, which is roughly 30 minutes outside of Copenhagen, so I'll be taking the train in. My host mom's name is Jani, my host dad, Henrik, my host brother, Rasmus (10 yrs old), and my host sister, Caroline (13 yrs old). I'm super excited to meet them. They're all pretty active; running, handball, spinning, and cycling... I think I'm joining the army!!


Even though it's around 3:00 am here in DK, I'm feeling pretty vibrant. Of course it might be from the gigantic party I've been hosting since 6pm. My aunt turned 40 so she threw a gigantic party. Delicious food, free booze, and bad dance moves... who wouldn't want to be there?? 


Myself, my sister Tess, and my cousin Rasmus served as the help this evening. We served food, made sure everyone had a drink in hand at all time, and spent a couple hours in front of the sink doing dishes. It was fantastic *sarcasm*. But through it all, we managed to have a great time. I think the bad dance moves were the best. There was also a make-shift band with some of the guests. They put on wigs and facial hair and rocked out playing songs like Highway To Hell. Here's a picture to help you visualize this:



If there's one thing the Danes know how to do, it's party. They will probably go all night if we don't kick them out soon. I'm leaving that to my aunt. For now, imma snuggle into bed.

More to come!!

xoxo, 
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. This is old news... What have you been up to these lat few days? Let's see some real Denmarkian Blogger Blogging!

    ReplyDelete