Sunday, August 19, 2012

Skanderborg Festival

Ok, I know it's been a while (like more than a week >.<). I first have to write about Skanderborg Festival that I went to last Friday, August 10th. A lot happened that day so I have tons to say about it! I promise to make another post soon about what's happened since then.

Upon arriving to visit my aunt last Friday, she informed us that we would not be going to straight to her house, but to a giant music festival! I immediately pictured something like Bamboozle, and while the idea to have several artists playing music at once was consistent, this festival was completely different. Obviously, all the artists were danish and singing danish things....so I couldn't fully appreciate all of the music. BUT, there was this one danish artist, Lukas Graham, he sang in english, and the song has really grown on me. It's called "Drunk In The Morning" haha, need I say more?? Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b2doSKS41c. The festival was also different from Bamboozle because there were people there from every age group. I saw moms there with their infants and young children, to teens, to grandmas and grandpas, and then of course younger adults. It was so interesting to see all the different age groups coming together and enjoying themselves. 

Now for the more interesting bits... When we first arrived at the festival, I was POSITIVE that I was going to get drenched. Why?? you might ask, this is why:
Does this look like a friendly sky to you?? No. No it does not. And yet, by some miracle, it didn't even drizzle.

Since the festival lasted five days, many people also camped out to get the best and craziest experience. This picture was only from one section of the festival. People also brought their own tents, so imagine this picture times 50. SO MANY TENTS.

If you didn't already know, everyone bikes in Denmark. EVERYONE. This is, again, only one section of the festival. There were thousands of bikes. Note to self: put tracking device on bike if I decide to go to a music festival.

Walking up and down the path through the festival, I came across these crazy dudes. I couldn't help but take a picture. They look ridiculous! And at the time I thought that this was as crazy as it would get. WRONG. I witnessed a group of men walking naked towards the music entrance in the picture below. I contemplated taking a picture, but then decided seeing their butts once was all I could handle.

Yes ladies and gents. This is all candy. Can you say yummeh??

This is me and my sister, Tess, trying to be cool. Have we succeeded? We were standing on a stage-like structure that also served as a bar/club. There were tons of danes getting beer and dancing and chatting. The picture below is of this crazy guy who was constantly dancing on a table. I thought he was hilarious and worthy of my blog.

After this we strolled up the main alley to look at food and side shops. I got a red t-shirt with a melting record on it. I thought it was cool :D 

Then this quite embarrassing thing happened... While we were checking out the shops this guy kinda stumbled up to me and started jabbering in danish. It took me a couple seconds to realize he was hitting on me, and I then replied that I don't speak any danish. He was asking me where the entrance to the music area was. Clearly he had been there a while because he was quite drunk already. I started laughing a bit and looked at my mom for some desperate help and she just smirked at me and ran away!! ARG! After that came a wonderful awkward silence and I took it as an opportunity to run away myself. Haha... oh boy....

Finally we decided to leave and go back to my aunts house where I proceeded to crash on my bed.

Till next time =)

xoxo, 
Sarah =P 




No comments:

Post a Comment